AISZ has a rolling admission policy for the current school year - which means that students can be admitted throughout the year for Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 10, assuming availability in these classes. In Grades 11 and 12, we encourage families to contact the Admissions office as soon as they consider applying to AISZ to have a discussion about potential enrolment.
Because we have limited capacity for each grade level, the school will select students best-suited to maximise the AISZ experience.
Current enrollment for the 2021-22 school year by section:
- Lower School
- Pre-Kindergarten and grades 1-5 – available seats.
- Kindergarten is at full capacity.
- Middle School
- Grades 6-8 – available seats.
- High School – Enrolment is particularly competitive and seats are in high demand. We are encouraging entry into middle school grades as an advantage.
- Grades 9-10 – available seats.
- Grades 11-12 – available seats, however please contact the Admissions office as soon as possible if you are considering enrolment in these grades for the 2021-22 school year.
If an applicant is accepted but no seats are available in the appropriate class, they will be placed on a waiting list and families will be asked to confirm the placement on the waiting list. If a seat becomes available in the appropriate class, the place may be offered to a student on the waiting list. Acceptance on the waiting list is for one academic year and may require further documentation before admittance into subsequent school years. We will contact families towards the end of the academic year to confirm their status.
For the 2022-23 school year, an application can be submitted at any point in time. All complete applications will be reviewed within the following time frames:
- Early Admission - Applications submitted by December 1st, 2021, will be reviewed and families informed of next steps on December 15th.* The main goal of this deadline is to review applications from families relocating to Croatia and for students who do not speak the Croatian language. *Applications may be deferred and placed on a waiting list until a later date if determined by the Admissions committee.
- Regular Admission – Applications submitted by March 30th, 2022 will be reviewed and families will be informed of next steps on April 13th. The main goal of this deadline is to review applications from all families relocating/living in Croatia and for students attending a local Croatian school.
- Rolling Admission – After April 1st, all complete applications will be reviewed on an individual basis. The Admissions office strives to complete the application process and notify families of next steps within ten business days of the application completion date. Please note that the time span for application review during school holidays might take up to four weeks. Rolling admission will be possible from April 2022 to March 2023.
Important note for families relocating to Zagreb: Families should not disenroll their child/ren from their current school until they have been accepted at AISZ. Completing an application does not guarantee admission.